Bhutan Motorcycle Tour
Day 1: Arrival in Paro – Thimphu
The flight from Delhi/Kathmandu is considered as one of the most scenic flight offering the view of the world’s top ten highest peaks. Upon your arrival in Paro airport our guide will be there to welcome you and transfer to Thimphu. After lunch visit some of the cultural sights and get used to the left hand driven roads of Bhutan. Evening collect your bikes and take few rounds around Thimphu. Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 2: Thimphu – Punakha
Morning ride to Punakha crossing over Dochula pass (3200 mts). If the weather permits one can enjoy a spectacular breath taking view of the highest mountain peaks of Bhutan at a sight that stretches almost 180 degrees. Take a break and walk around the newly built 108 stupas and start descending to the sub tropical valley of Punakha offering a complete different vegetation. Upon arrival in Punakha, you can visit some of the cultural sights or could go for a short hike to visit some of the holy sites.
Day 3: Punakha – Trongsa
Morning start your long ride to Trongsa over Pelela pass. The ride is long but the landscape is picturesque and worth every ride. From Punakha, the ride is very remote and less driven so you will have the road all for yourself. On arrival relax in the hotel.
Day 4: Trongsa – Jakar
Morning walk through the single lane town of Trongsa and visit the majestic Trongsa Dzong (Fortress), the home of the royals and the largest as well. Later must visit the Ta Dzong, an ancient watchtower, which houses a unique museum. Continue your ride, crossing over Yotong La pass and Kiki La pass and finally descending to Jakar valley.
Day 5: Jakar Halt
Today you can take it easy, being a rest day. We have many options today – Could visit some of the cultural sights around Jakar valley on bike or on foot. Or could ride to the valley of Ura which will take most of your day. Or could ride to the isolated valley of Tang on dirt road which will take your half day. Evening stroll in Jakar town and try some local pancake and noodles.
Day 6: Jakar – Phobjikha
Morning start retracing your ride back to the remote isolated valley of Phobjikha. Phobjikha valley is a paradise for the nature lovers and hikers. Upon your arrival, could go for a nice easy hike. Or if you are too tired after the long ride, could relax in the hotel and enjoy the breathtaking view of the valley. Being protected, this valley got electricity recently only.
Day 7: Phobjikha – Paro
Morning after breakfast retrace the ride back to Paro. It’s quite a long ride but you will enjoy the scenic ride crossing over the passes up and down. Upon arrival in Paro, could relax in the hotel or could visit some cultural sights.
Day 8: Haa Excursion
Morning start your ride to the remote valley of Haa. The ride is all uphill till you reach the pass of Chelela (3800 mts), one of the highest motorable road in Bhutan. If the weather permits one can view the most scared and one of the highest mountain peaks in the country Mt. Jomolhari (7314m) overlooking at you. Walk around the pass with prayer flag fluttering and enjoy the fresh air. Continue your ride to the remote valley of Haa. Picnic lunch and evening back to Paro.
Day 9: Paro Departure
Morning transfer to the airport for your departure flight. Your guide will bid you farewell at the airport.
Straight roads hardly exist, and there is an average of 10 curves per kilometer. The roads are quite empty, and the capital city, Thimphu doesn’t even have a traffic light. Motorcycle tour is structured to allow enough time to get to know the countryside and the residents of the villages along the roads.
Total cost includes:
- Standard Hotel (3 star hotel) twin sharing accommodations
- Full Board – All meals at local restaurants/ standard hotels – Buffet System
- All internal Transport/ Transfers in luxury vehicle
- Airport Transfers
- Services of Licensed English Speaking Guide
- Entrances fees to museums, monuments and cultural sites
- Evening tea/ coffee with snacks
- Mineral water in car while traveling as complementary
- All internal taxes and charges
- Government royalty (US$65 per night per person)
- FIT Surcharge of US$ 40 per night per person for single person and US$ 30 per night per person for 2 pax
- Bhutan Visa fee: US$ 40 per person (one time only)
- Tourism Development Fee: US$ 10 per person (one time only)
- Bank Transfer Charge
- Extra cost for Special Interest Tour (eg. Cost of Wedding, Rafting, Motorcycle, Bicycle charges, etc…)
But Total cost does not include:
- Travel Insurance
- Laundry bill, phone bill, bar bill and other bills of personal nature
- Air Fare for both Drukair/Bhutan Airline and International flight [Please note that the cost of any domestic airfare for the guide must be paid by the clients/agents]
- Single room supplement (If number of pax in odd number): For, peak season = US$ 30/ per single room per night and for, other season = US$25/ per single room per night
- Luxury star hotels and resorts available at an additional cost
- Specialized guides (Foreign Language, Photography, Bird Watching, Buddhism, Flora and Fauna) available at an additional cost
- Extra expenses due to the unavoidable circumstance beyond our control.
We are the experts of the area we cover and every trip we custom, we want to make sure that it is the best, a once in a lifetime journey. To help us understand your interest better, please complete the form in as much details as you can provide.
We don’t sell, trade or share your information.
Please fill up all the fields marked*