Fly fish in Bhutan
Day 1: Arrive Paro
In clear weather, flight to Bhutan provides a wonderful view of Himalayan scenery. On arrival, you will be met by our representative. After that, fish by the upper stretches of the Pa Chhu (river). Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 2: Paro (Fishing in the Haa Valley)
Morning drive to Haa. Fishing in the Haa Valley and return to Paro. Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 3: Paro – Thimphu
After breakfast drive to Thimphu. Then fish the Thimphu Chu. Afternoon sightseeing includes Memorial Chorten, School of Traditional Arts and Crafts, the Textile Museum & hike at the Buddha point. Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 4: Thimphu – Gangtey
Morning drive to Gangtey and visit Gangtey Monastery. Discover the scenic valley, winter home to the endangered black-necked crane. Overnight at farmhouse/Hotel.
Day 5: Gangtey – Bumthang
After breakfast drive to Bumthang. Enroute visit Cross Pele La Pass, Chendebji Chorten and Trongsa and fish the Nikka Chu. Overnight at the hotel in Bumthang.
Day 6 Bumthang
Fish by the Chamkhar Chhu – Stay in Camp or Local Guest House.
Day 7: Bumthang
Fish by the Tang Chhu – Stay Camp or Local Guest House.
Day 8: Bumthang – Punakha
Morning drive to Punakha via Wangdiphodrang. Fish in the Punakha River. Overnight at the hotel in Punakha.
Day 9: Punakha – Paro
Drive back to Paro & undergo more fishing
Day 10: Paro
Excursion to the famous Tigers Nest “Taktsang”.
Day 11: Depart Paro
After breakfast in the hotel, drive to the airport for flight to onward destination. Our representative will bid you farewell.
Bhutan’s fish and fishing opportunities remain significantly under-discovered. About Forty-two species have been recorded, though potentially there may be an additional two hundred or more. Furthermore, since most are not aware of this option, fewer than ten fly-fishers annually visit Bhutan. Therefore, there exists the chance of making some interesting and unexpected discoveries. The best times for fishing are from March to October.
Total cost includes:
- Standard Hotel (3 star hotel) twin sharing accommodations
- Full Board – All meals at local restaurants/ standard hotels – Buffet System
- All internal Transport/ Transfers in luxury vehicle
- Airport Transfers
- Services of Licensed English Speaking Guide
- Entrances fees to museums, monuments and cultural sites
- Evening tea/ coffee with snacks
- Mineral water in car while traveling as complementary
- All internal taxes and charges
- Government royalty (US$65 per night per person)
- FIT Surcharge of US$ 40 per night per person for single person and US$ 30 per night per person for 2 pax
- Bhutan Visa fee: US$ 40 per person (one time only)
- Tourism Development Fee: US$ 10 per person (one time only)
- Bank Transfer Charge
- Extra cost for Special Interest Tour (eg. Cost of Wedding, Rafting, Motorcycle, Bicycle charges, etc…)
But Total cost does not include:
- Travel Insurance
- Laundry bill, phone bill, bar bill and other bills of personal nature
- Air Fare for both Drukair/Bhutan Airline and International flight [Please note that the cost of any domestic airfare for the guide must be paid by the clients/agents]
- Single room supplement (If number of pax in odd number): For, peak season = US$ 30/ per single room per night and for, other season = US$25/ per single room per night
- Luxury star hotels and resorts available at an additional cost
- Specialized guides (Foreign Language, Photography, Bird Watching, Buddhism, Flora and Fauna) available at an additional cost
- Extra expenses due to the unavoidable circumstance beyond our control.
We are the experts of the area we cover and every trip we custom, we want to make sure that it is the best, a once in a lifetime journey. To help us understand your interest better, please complete the form in as much details as you can provide.
We don’t sell, trade or share your information.
Please fill up all the fields marked*